The migraines are not just a headache, that can pass coming out in the fresh air, and perhaps taking a mild painkiller. O of migraine pain is unbearable and disturbs the whole body. Located on one side of the head-hence the term "migraine" - but can be dispersed throughout the head or alternating from one side of the head to another.
On the lines below, you can learn about alternative methods of treating migraines. Remember, though, two things: first that an effective treatment is important to take a good history of the therapist who will ask, and secondly that alternative treatments are not magic! We need to help you avoid the situation as far as possible, everything that you know your triggers crises.
The "identity" of a migraine attackBefore the crisis, 25% of the cases presented, the aura, characterized by changes in the perception of light (eg, "floaters," "ASTRAKA"), muscle weakness and extreme changes of mood (eg depressed ).Pain of the head is throbbing (impulsive). Often accompanied by nausea, vomiting and worse from light, noise and odor.The factors that trigger a crisis is psychological, and physical stress (exposure to cold, the weather changes, fatigue and lack of sleep) and the empty stomach (due to hypoglycaemia).
Moreover, a crisis triggers are certain foods (eg cheese, chocolate, alcohol), food intolerances, and some nutritional deficiencies (riboflavin, magnesium).The frequency of seizures varies-may occur once a month or a week, but in severe cases can occur even daily. A crisis usually lasts a few hours, but may be passed even after three days! Those who suffer from frequent seizures, usually present before another type headache, tension headache (described as tightness in the head with severe pain in the neck), which triggers the mechanism of migraine.
A women's issue Estrogen, the predominantly female hormones believed to play a role in the onset of migraines (eg at the beginning of the monthly cycle).
Homeopathy: It solves the problemO goal of homeopathic treatment is to gradually reduce the intensity and frequency of migraine attacks, aiming to stop them completely. Homeopathic remedies, however, are not painkillers. They work by "energy", reinforcing the forces of the body. If the proper selection of homeopathic medicine depends on the temperament of the patient, these are often granted:
• Belladona: The classic image of administration of Belladonna is flushing the head and cold extremities. O pain is located mainly on the right side of the head. O patient is particularly bothered by light and noise. He wants to lie down, as long as the crisis. Relieved by cold compresses.
• Lachesis: O pain of migraine is located on the left side of the head. O sufferer feels that he went up the blood on his head and wants cool compresses. Is in tension and feel a strong need to chatter, to defuse the tension he feels - and if that sounds strange. The Lachesis is more common in women.
• Spingelia: O pain is located on the left side of the head, especially behind the left eye, neck and reflected. The face is pale and cold and the sufferer is sick.
• Sanguinaria: O pain of migraine is located behind the right eye and reflects on the neck. O is suffering vomiting and discomfort in the heat.
• Pulsatila: It female patients. The characteristics of the crisis is not much. Typically, migraine occurs after a distress or because of exposure to the sun or in an enclosed space and the sufferer feels better when found in cooler environment.
• Lycopodium: O pain of migraine is located on the right side of the head and spreads throughout the head. The crisis is manifested in the afternoon between 15.00 and 20.00. Often the sufferer has digestive problems (flatulence).
Acupuncture: "turns away" migrainesO contributes acupuncture, proven in the treatment of migraine-preventive mainly by reducing the intensity and frequency of the problem, but directly, the hour of crisis. Acupuncture is highly effective (80%) in relieving tension headaches prior to the migraines, "breaking" so the vicious cycle that leads to migraine.
Regarding the actual migraine crisis, before which there occurs tension headache, acupuncture is effective in 50% of cases.Some of the classic points where needles are placed the therapist is at the temples, forehead, between eyebrows, ears, back of head, neck, back of the hand where the thumb joins the index, as and foot, where it joins the first finger with the second. Primarily, though, acupuncture points determined by the detailed history of the individual.
Herbs that relieveSome herbs help treat migraines, especially when taken preventively (3 times a week). The herbs can benefit you are:
• The Mint: The action is analgesic, sedative, antispasmodic, diuretic and emollient (avoid, but if you have heavy bleeding days of menstruation).
• The Passion: The Passion of the leaves are rich in flavonoids. It is an herb with soothing, antispasmodic and sedative properties (avoid taking if you are taking antidepressants type MAO - inhibitors of mono-Amino-oxidase)
.• Lavender: The flowers have sedative, antispasmodic and relaxing action. Its capacity to stimulate the uterus, it is recommended to avoid pregnancy
.• The linden: The flowers and leaves of linden have sedative and antispasmodic action. It helps you relax and relieve tension.
• Valerian: The root of valerian is a painkiller and hypnagogic effects, improves digestion, reduces stress and acts as an anticonvulsant muscle (avoid, however, taking the drugs along with hypnagogic).
• The melissa: The herb calms the nervous system. It has sedative, antispasmodic and soothing properties
.• Chamomile: It is ideal to combat migraines. It repressive anxiety and nervous tension.
• The Louise leaves and flowers are antispasmodic and tonic action.How to prepare. Take one teaspoon of the herb in a cup with boiled water and leave it covered for 8-10. " Also, a practical solution is the tincture (sold in pharmacies). Put 4-5 drops of the tincture in a cup with hot water, add some lemon juice and drink.
Reflexology is effectiveReflexology is a technique of pressure on certain points (the limbs and ears) to "match" reflexes in each organ.Reflexology can relieve a migraine attack directly, but primarily helps precaution discharging the body from tension and strengthening its defense. Then, we mention some key points by pressing the (dynata!) can relieve pain (pressing a hand or ear to the side of the head that hurts you).
The fingers of the hand. Press the circular motion with fingers one by one, both in length and the sides. Maintain pressure for 1 '. The fingers correspond to the head and the base of the fingers on the neck. If your migraine is located in front of the head, insist more on the area around the nail and on it.
O ear lobe. With the index finger and your thumb, push hard in your ear lobe to 40 "using a circular motion. O lobe corresponding to the head. If the pain is located in front of the head, then apply pressure to the inside of the pod (to your cheek).
O thumb. Press firmly for 1 'base of the nail, and out the side of the thumb at the height of the flange and a little below. Release your finger to push each "lakkouvitsa" it encounters in its path. This region corresponds to the neck.
The ozone therapyToday, many doctors apply ozone therapy to treat migraines and indicate that success rates exceed 85%. The ozone therapy is applied as follows:
Doctor takes blood (100-150 ml), which collects in a blood bag (as is also the donation). Then, with ozone and enriches your epanametangizei immediately - without the needle out of hand.
Precise mechanism of this method is not fully known: It is assumed that it acts at the level of neurotransmitters in the brain. The ozone therapy is effective for the treatment of tension headache, only in this case with ozone injections made directly on the muscles in contraction (eg, neck, temples).
Shiatsu helpsShiatsu is a traditional Japanese method (meaning "finger pressure") exerted the same parts of the body to which it applies and acupuncture, to relieve the body's vital energy. Apply preventive, but may offer immediate relief, so I mention some key points (always choose the edge that is on the same side as the side of your head hurts).
The angle between the forefinger and thumb. Grasp with thumb and forefinger of your other hand here in the back of your hand and then, using a circular motion for 1 '. In this way, the discharged energy of the large cavities of the body (head, respiratory and gastrointestinal system).
O neck. With 3 fingers of your hand (index, middle, ring finger) press 1 ', using a circular motion, the "lakkouvakia" formed at the base of the skull. This pressure relieves tension in neck and head.
O fruit. Press 2 for the entire area around your wrist, where it joins the palm. "Scan" the area, focusing on the side "grooves." The pressure of these points helps in defusing tension in the neck and head.
Essential oils soothe the painSome essential oils can help relieve the immediate pain of migraine, because, inter alia, sedative, analgesic and sedative effect. These include lavender, chamomile, peppermint, bergamot, marjoram and verbena.
The essential oils you can use:In aroma lamp: Take 3 drops of each essential oil (up to three different) in an aromatic lamp. Once you begin to boil, then for 5-10 breaths. "In compresses: In a bowl with lukewarm water, add 2 drops bergamot and 2 drops of chamomile. Dip a cotton cloth and then compresses the head.
But if you know that your migraine is triggered because of an allergic sensitivity, prefer cold compresses with lavender and mint.
Massaging the temples: Pour into a 10 ml glass chamomile oil and add 6 drops of essential oil of marjoram.Then massage the neck and temples.